So I have read Genesis at least 10 times, but I am picking up on different things this time. Between chapters 5 and 6 the phrase "walked with God" appears three times; twice in reference to Enoch, and once referring to Noah. I'm using my youversion page to "tag" these references. I'd like to know how many times that phrase is used, and in what context. Particularly in these first few chapters of Genesis, it seems like the phrase is literal. I'd like to read some commentary to see if that is the case or not.
14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
I've never really noticed before that God says in Genesis 9:14-15 that whenever a rainbow appears he will remember his covenant. Not Noah, or everyone else. I've always found rainbows to be comforting, reminding me of God's promise. It's nice to know that God is reminded, too. It's kind of like sharing a secret with God.
No comments:
Post a Comment